complex trauma sux

♡o。.(=`ω´=).。o♡

Just add kitties.

Highly sensitive with complex ptsd. Therapeutic journaling helps, but it can sometimes get overwhelming.

3/18/14

i hate google (quick insert)

Many of my pics are missing. I was messing around with Picasa / G+ / Youtube / Blogger settings and trying to figure out what was what,  since things have merged and morphed with Google's new-ish settings, ie heavy pressure to use G+.



I've resisted G+ pages until a couple days ago, and that was only because I wanted to make a separate Youtube page. I won't post anything on G+ because I have no desire to. Twitter is enough for me. And even that is too much sometimes. And i've already discussed Facebook crap.

I've had a long hatred of Google - ever since they bought and killed Picnik. While I also hate Facebook at least it makes sense in terms of where the fuck your shit is stored and how get access to it. Google is so convoluted and has so many redundant ways to get at content just because it wants everything to be accessible through G+. It's always been that way. They buy up platforms and either let them sit or merge it with something. Have you ever looked through all Google's services? Its ridiculous and finding something specific is a nightmare.

This is not going to be a real rant about all the reasons why I hate google. I'm just annoyed that I can see pictures on this blog, but in incognito mode i notice many are missing. I normally don't upload to Blogger either but always try and link from another photo host - for mostly this reason as well as it makes sense in my brain.

I want to boycott google. Not that they would care. Or notice. I don't mind having a one-place-for-everything kind of situation but the ideal one (for me) doesn't exist - unless I get a squarespace or something. I don't mind using photo host / video host / blogger to keep all the content separate, with links for sharing. I guess I just got lazy and rudely am reminded how much I hate google again.

Did i mention I hate google?

No comments:

Post a Comment