complex trauma sux

♡o。.(=`ω´=).。o♡

Just add kitties.

Highly sensitive with complex ptsd. Therapeutic journaling helps, but it can sometimes get overwhelming.

1/4/15

# more insomnia. halp.

I am up writing because I can't sleep. It's nearly 5 am.  I have to be up in the morning as well but I don't know how I'm going to do it. Usually bedtime insomnia will accompany my depression but this is THE WORST it has - i'm tempted to say - it's ever been. What sucks is that the wall of sleepies hits me and I actually fall asleep for a short bit of time. Then I burst awake and just can't get back to sleep.



I've regularly been able to go unconscious around this time of the morning, and not wake up until past noon. This is not good when I'm supposed to be looking after the kiddos. Eldest has been getting them all cereal, which is lovely, and they'll tend to play pretty well together while I'm passed out. I think they've figured out my pattern so they kind of know they can't depend on me for much, and they will try to sort out their own problems without me. On the one hand I'm pleased they could be so independent for still being quite young. On the other hand... well, that really sucks for them to know that mom can't be relied on for half the day.



I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't even know why I can't fall asleep. In fact, I think it's a laundry list of reasons and I just don't know that i can tackle everything on that list. I don't even know if it will help. When I try to imagine just what it is that I want - what it is that would help me go to sleep - I think of

  • a clean area (not a clunked up bedroom), 
  • no snoring from the husband would be priority, 
  • along with: no noises of any kind, hums of electronics, or rumbles of heaters, cats walking around, kids rolling into the walls, etc. 
  • My bed is really uncomfortable too, but is a really fancy foam one that's good for hubby's back. As a result of this, and his snoring, I often end up sleeping on the couch, which is not great but better. 
  • Complete darkness would probably help, too. We leave a few string lights on because the kids wake up in the night and would freak out in complete darkness. 
I don't know what else would be helpful. Im always cold but will sometimes get hot under our comforter. But other than that, I don't know what I could do besides down some Zzquil or other sleeping potion. All I know is that this REALLY REALLY sucks. And because I haven't been sleeping I'm often a raving bitch with huge crepey bags under my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment