complex trauma sux

♡o。.(=`ω´=).。o♡

Just add kitties.

Highly sensitive with complex ptsd. Therapeutic journaling helps, but it can sometimes get overwhelming.

12/24/13

motivation


So a lot of ladies, not just us depressed ones, probably have a zillion things to complain about when it comes to our weight and body jiggles that shouldn't be there. I have every bit of knowledge - or access to it - that I could need to create the body of my dreams. (Sounds corny, lol.)

My biggest hurdle is motivation. I've written about it too many times already. I think the important thing to focus on when one is depressed is that exercise will help make us feel better. For me, I do tend to get caught up in the "I hate my body" and "ugh I'm so fat" line of thinking, which is bad and only serves to make me feel shitty. So, Im reminding myself, that I need to try to focus on the "I just want to feel happy" motivation, ok?

Example:


  1. God i feel like shit! ~ Bounce on the trampoline. 
  2. I want to cry for no reason. ~ Do some jumping jacks and yell obscenities instead of numbers. 
  3. So help me, I feel so alone and I'm going to shove that last piece of cake in my face. ~ Put on some trance music and just dance until you can't breath. 

Ok, so I don't know if those will work for you but perhaps you get the basic idea. Fell like shit => go do something physical.

Now for everyday maintenance:

For me, I have bookmarked one of those nifty and popular infographics that give you a list of exercises to do:

Now - I can't think too much about this. If I just complete it, I'll have won.

This...

this minimal but hopeful desire coming to you from someone with a degree in exercise physiology. I have ALL the knowledge... but I still struggle because of the depression. On the one hand it makes me feel like a failure - to have all this education but be so unhealthy. But then I try to tell myself that it's really the depression and chemical imbalance that's the real asshole. And I have the power to do something about it.

Today, Im writing this as a reminder to myself and to you, dear reader, that we just have to start somewhere and with the right attitude: Exercise is medicine for our fucked up brain. We NEED those endorphins. Let's start with that and we'll worry about our flabby love handles a little bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment