complex trauma sux

♡o。.(=`ω´=).。o♡

Just add kitties.

Highly sensitive with complex ptsd. Therapeutic journaling helps, but it can sometimes get overwhelming.

7/14/15

# Konmari Method of Tidying.

Question: I've been folding my clothes konmari way for ages because I just absolutely hate hangers and the accumulation of them. So when my kids were very young I taught myself to fold compactly, and because i like the look of tightly folding clothes all the same size. BUT - i've absolutely come to hate putting husband's clothes away because he will DESTROY all my work just looking for one shirt, for example. What do others do in this situation? He's doesnt do it on purpose, I just think he doesn't see mess. He cannot fold either. I honestly think there is something in his dna that creates this deficiency, lol. Some people do. Ive given up and don't bother with his stuff anymore. Yet it piles because he's not "tidy". And we dont have closet space to go back to hanging. =/ Advice? My kids used to be bad about this too, but they've gotten better about it. Im a hair away from becoming the sole guardian of everyone's clothes. Or rolling everything suitcase-style and tying with some kind of band. =p

So dang,

Konmari method.

Ive been doing her method of folding for YEARS. lol. If only I'd have known I could have made a living out of such things...sigh.

I like to fold things in uniform size and shape, then stack or pile them. 


Ok so you can't see absolutely everything in my laundry basket,  but you get the idea - I love to fold in tight, uniform rectangles which allow for very easy stacking or piling of clothing that can be easily seen. I started doing this before I was even married (12 years + ago) when I learned of an organized way to pack suitcases. That method involved putting an outfit together, laying flat, and rolling them together for easy storage. It (supposedly) eliminated wrinkles, solved pairing decisions, & increased storage space. After that, I just started rolling all my clothes individually for my dresser drawers. After that, I entered later university years and used a bookshelf to store clothing. Store bought bookcases are not very deep, and so I had to learn a way of folding that would allow the clothes to fit. This lead to folding neat little packages of clothing that when stacked vertical, or "shelved" like books, looked very pleasing.

Despite all of this, my house is not as organized as it could be. It's a lot harder when you live with other people, and it tends to overflow in certain areas with clutter. However, there is some method to the madness around here, just not enough that everything has a space, which is a problem. No amount of tidy folding can compensate for too much stuff. Everything needs it's own place. Perhaps I should take more pics and post them for you. I know people like pictures. =)  Actually, I don't even think anyone reads this blog. Perhaps that is a good thing. 

BTW, we got a new kitty. She's super cute and followed my husband home after he rescued her from a tree. We're going to be the crazy cat house of the neighborhood soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment