complex trauma sux

♡o。.(=`ω´=).。o♡

Just add kitties.

Highly sensitive with complex ptsd. Therapeutic journaling helps, but it can sometimes get overwhelming.

7/7/24

cabbage soup summer

Ive been eating a bunch of salad lately, which has been nice. I like my salads, but they're probably not great for weight loss the way that i make them. They were also supposed to help me tolerate the heat better but im not sure they've done that. 


I added in the famous cabbage soup diet soup for variety. I usually like to add meat for the boys to eat, but they'll often have it plain too. Im going to continue to have it in supply mostly for myself to fall back on and maybe try to do longer term cycling. I think I could do it but i might have to tweak some things. 


It is so easy to make. Chopped head of cabbage, an entire thingy of celery, leaves and all, one whole onion, one large can of stewed or diced or purred tomatoes with herbs. One packet of onion soup, and i also add extra salt, italian seasoning, cumin, pepper flakes, garlic powder. . .  whatever i feel like really. I had a bag of sweet bell peppers that were starting to go bad so I had to add those in as well. Its a really great soup now, lol. 




Basic cabbage soup! With carrots! I don't think carrots are allowed but i really love carrots and the sweetness really helps. My goal is to stick with it for a week, soup only... maybe a little bit of fruit. I'd like to be able to alternate it with my salads but I usually add beans and corn to my salads, so that might slow down any weight loss. Anyway, after a week of the diet I will take one day off to eat "normal"... meatloaf and mashed potatoes... something good and comfort food. Since its summer and pretty hot, Im not sure how appealing it will be. After one or two days off, its back to the soup diet.

I do notice a little bit of extra energy when I pile on the vegetables, which is really what i need. My energy has been so bad and Im afraid for going back to school. The only bad thing is when I decide to be dumb and drink a caffeinated coffee. The crash is SO bad. It really screwed me up for the entire day this past week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment