complex trauma sux

♡o。.(=`ω´=).。o♡

Just add kitties.

Highly sensitive with complex ptsd. Therapeutic journaling helps, but it can sometimes get overwhelming.

5/20/24

Meditation notes #1

 Todays “thoughts”

Oops i forgot to start with a prayer routine. (Our father, jesus prayer, litany of humility, hail mary, flower meditation)

When you are being interrupted it’s ok to give attention. Example: Hulu came up to me during meditation and i went ahead and reached out to feel him since he was leaning up against me. Eyes still closed I focused on his fur, his softness, and just the sensation of petting him. When he was done, which wasn’t long, i resumed to listening to the water sounds. 

Coming out of meditation I took some time before opening my eyes to hear and feel EVERYTHING going on around me, kind of like i was integrating myself back into this everyday existence. I sat with eyes still closed and one by one tried to identify and  “feel” or noticed where all the sounds were coming from. When i finally did open my eyes i watched a little bird, the leaves, the chickens. 

One of things i think is beneficial about my meditation so far is that i can see how it can train to the brain to ignore things around you, including sensations, and focus on ONE thing, whatever needs to be focused on. It’s very hard. 

Will this cause an intense sensitivity that could have negative effects? Since i am hypersensitive and easily overstimulated, could this be bad for me in the long run? I don’t know, but that’s why i thought of focusing on ALL the sounds and sensations coming out of the meditation might be good in order to practice not being overwhelmed by it all.  

The hardest thing is letting thoughts go by and not indulging. “Get out” actually works pretty good as a redirect. Better than what id been doing which was saying “stop”.

No comments:

Post a Comment